The personal blog of a Deferred Genius.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Barack Obama Won!

Putting that exclamation point on the end of that title is about the most excitement I've had since Tuesday regarding this topic. I honestly don't feel as though hope has triumphed or won. I see that this country has some MAJOR revisions it needs to get to working on. I could certain see how people were elated, but I just didn't feel like "celebrating". Am I glad Barack Obama won? YES. But that's about as far as it goes. I didn't cry or weep, nor shout or have fits of joy on Tuesday evening as everyone else I knew did. I was just like "well, that's good". And that was the extent of it for me.

I suppose since I work within the inefficient government system that Obama just inherited, I see things slightly differently. There was no difference in my life Tuesday night than their was Wednesday morning, except for the interest on the debt I have accruing more of a balance. I guess it's going to take more for me to become "thrilled". I wish there were something that could "light a fire" under me at this point. Sadly, to date, there isn't. And hasn't been in QUITE some time.

1 comment:

Genius said...

http://www.notthenation.com/pages/news/getnews.php?id=637
a Thai take on the issue :)

About Me

My photo
Write as little or as much as I'd like, up to 1200 characters. Again, I feel limited. In a nutshell, I'm an exceedingly genuine person experiencing an exceedingly tedious series of events. I'm in my early 30s. I'm a college graduate (several times over), and recently lost a job that didn't in any way allow me to live up to my life's potential! "Deferred Genius" refers to the current state I'm in where I could take the world by storm, if only given the opportunity. I'm trying to now capitalize on the POTENTIAL that I have and raise $100,000 for a business opportunity primed to be a multimillion-dollar enterprise. I COULD USE AN ANGEL INVESTOR!